Tuesday, March 30, 2010

No Tip Today

In trying to keep up with my "tips" each week, I started to feel like it was becoming more of a chore instead of a passion. Don't get me wrong, I want to be available for tips and questions, but I just started to draw blanks when trying to come up with a topic. And for goodness sake, I do NOT want anything I do on here to be done half way or without heart. So, we are not having a tip today. Just an honest outpouring of thoughts and feelings on my journey, thus far. I, certainly, did not think 3 months ago, that I would ever be as close as I am now, to being near the end of the certification process or so near to the births of a few of my dearest friends children. WOW! One of them today messaged me shock and anticipation that she is now in her third trimester! How exciting! I can't wait to be with them as they are bringing little tiny humans into the world. It still amazes me, no matter how much I read, or how many birthing videos I watch. IT'S AMAZING! I honestly wish I had more coming up, because I think I'm going to love it so much, I'm not going to want to wait around too long for another one. Actually, I wish I could doula for someone today! HA
There is just something about the process of carrying and birthing a child that makes people just stop and kinda go "whoa". In fact, yesterday I was talking to one of my best friends about all of it. Let me preface this by giving you some of her background. She is amazing. She has lived and worked in Barcelona, London, and currently New York at a big time bank. She is currently trying to decide WHICH Ivy League school to go to for her MBA (WHAT?!). She has traveled the world, including Thailand, Egypt (she floated the Nile), etc. She is an adventure seeker who sky dives among many other things. YET, when I was talking about being a Doula, she reacted with a sound of awe in her voice and said "whooooaaa that's awesome." That furthered my belief that God put something in each of us that makes us recognize what an awesome and intricate thing he has created! It blows my mind really!
Sometimes I wonder if people will take me seriously because I don't have children of my own yet. I hope they do. I have read several blogs of other doulas who got into it because of their own birth experience, whether good or bad. I love those stories, because it seems like they can pinpoint the defining moment that they realized what they wanted to do. Since I have never experienced labor personally, I don't have that kind of a story. My story is a little longer and seems as if several events over my life have brought me to this point. God created in me a sense of compassion and nurturing. That's where my story starts. And from there, people that have come into my life have inspired me even further. So again, I hope the "no child Doula" will have credibility!
Maybe I was just feeling extra sappy today, but these are just some things have been going through my mind lately, so I thought maybe they needed to be shared! I look forward to any comments, whether I know you or not!
Be fruitful and multiply!
Doula Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment