Saturday, March 13, 2010

Good Saturday morning. As I sit here typing this blog, Jack Johnson's "Banana Pancakes" is playing on my computer. I think the lyrics say something about a ukelele and then, "Momma made a baby." I love that line. I am Tiff's older sister and two months post home delivery. I had such a great experience with my home birth and am now an advocate for home or birthing centers. Upon my decision to deliver at home I received a lot of "whatchu talkin' bout Willis" looks, and "are you completely whack?" comments and I embraced all with open arms and a definitive YES! Our precious Lauryl has been such a blessing and the first few months of life have been so different from what I experienced with my previous two births. I had my first two kids in the hospital, both with traditional methods. This time around I decided to educate myself a little better and make the decision based on my findings. The more I studied, the more I realized that home birth was the choice for me. I loved the fact that I was not rushed to deliver, but instead allowed to let my body take its "natural time.' Now don't get me wrong, about halfway through I was ready for that 'natural time' to speed up a little but it was all good in the end. Anyway, God created a woman's body to do amazing things and I knew that it was the strength he gave me that would allow me to do that. I am so thankful for someone sharing the option of home birth with me and so thankful for people like Tiff who are dedicated to making natural birth doulable:) Have a great day! Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment