Monday, April 19, 2010

Another Week, Another Adventure

Well last week brought forth some interesting days. I got a taste of what it's like to live the life of a Doula. AND also a taste of how incredibly unpredictable birth is. I have a client, now 4 days past her due date. She was having contractions every 5 minutes and said she felt some pressure in her pelvis. To me, I thought hmm maybe she needs to get to the hospital, but when I called on the advice of the one I would say is my mentor, she knew immediately, that it wasn't time for that baby to be born. So, today, Monday, I still await the call for my service! I am still as excited (maybe even more) as I was last week, but I realize that my sitting around and thinking about it isn't going to make the baby come faster! :) Lesson #3698 learned. And that is the lesson to not stop your every waking move if someone has a contraction. I think I will get used to it!
A thought I've been having alot lately, is the parallel in this time of year and birth. It never ceases to amaze me when I look around and see a new bud sprouting on a flower, or a tree getting new leaves. And even more so, a mommy's belly begin to grow with the growth of her baby! God creates some pretty amazing things! Alright, that is all for today! I must get on with some other things! Have a great Monday!
Be fruitful and multiply,
Doula Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment